Marketing is in my DNA.
In my very first job I was working in a sales environment and I loved it. You had to think as quickly on your feet just to keep up. I was intrigued by the behaviours, the ‘how and the why’. Why did people want to buy? How could you pitch in a more valuable way? It sure was creative but there was a science to it too.
- I have a genuine fascination in people and what triggers them to want to both buy and support brands. Marketing is a very human action.
- I believe curiosity to be my super power and I need to know how things work and why. It's a trait that drives me to experiment, try new things, read deeply in fields unrelated to marketing and think beyond the obvious. This surely makes me better at what I do? My curiosity helps me understand and interpret data for example so that I can make informed decisions on marketing strategies or everyday tactical stuff.
- I am persistent. It's useful to be persistent with anything in life. I won't understand lots of things on the first try and sometimes I fail. None of that matters because I know that if I persist, I'll get where I want to be.
- I never stop learning. Every day is a school day. I question. I read voraciously. I attend conferences. I watch people. I experiment past my comfort zone.
- I take action without hesitation. I trust my gut on the right thing to do when faced with any business decision, and I don't procrastinate when I know what I need to do. Without action, results can't manifest, and I've found that many people know what they need to do, but have trouble taking action on it. If you can overcome your hesitations and excuses, you'll find that you can be much more productive.
- Marketing creativity is what takes ideas to the next level.
The creative is the fun part yes, it allows me to think freely and explore new ideas. It is also the hardest part. I know how important it is to develop a full brief and understanding of my desired outcome before I let the creative juices run wild!
“YOUR WORK IS GOING TO FILL A LARGE PART OF YOUR LIFE, AND THE ONLY WAY TO BE TRULY SATISFIED IS TO DO WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS GREAT WORK. THE ONLY WAY TO DO GREAT WORK IS TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO.” STEVE JOBS